- Editor, Bi Community News. Bimonthly magazine giving national forum and visibility to bisexuality and bi communities. BCN also seeks to give a bi voice in policy making, including being the only bi organisation to give input to the Scottish Parliament consultation on same-sex marriage. Responsible for Design & Distribution, 1998-2001. Editor since 2001.
- Convenor, BiPhoria. Hosting typically 24 social and support meetings a year, and leading the fundraising and structural work needed to sustain that group. Established in 1994, it is the UK's longest-running bisexual social and support organisation. Involved from 1994, convenor since 1997: public face, fundraising, group work and peer counselling.
- Host since 2001 of the website BiVisibilityDay.com, which raises the profile of the annual Bi Visibility Day / International Celebrate Bisexuality Day / Bi Pride, marked each September 23rd, and events to mark it around the world. Most years since its inception in 1999 she has organised some event around the date. You can hear an interview about this with the BiCast here.
- Maintainer of the Bisexual History Project.
- Honorary Vice President of LGBT+ Liberal Democrats
- Honorary President of Manchester Liberal Democrats (2018-2020)
- Chair, LGBT+ Liberal Democrats, 2006-2009, turning the organisation around and preparing it for the work it would then do when the party entered government to deliver same-sex marriage, end the life ban on blood donation for bi & gay men and their female partners, instigate a trans action plan & more.
- Member, Lib Dem Trans Working Group, 1998, drafting the party policy on gender recognition that would form the basis of the Gender Recognition Act, there as a 'gender radical' voice to make the policy more inclusive of the wider trans community.
- Bi Researcher & Writer for the LGBT Foundation's "Foundation" volunteering magazine. 2013 - 15.
- Convenor, Bi Local Groups Network. This helps support groups similar to BiPhoria to give bi space and voice in local communities around the UK and Ireland. 2011 - 2015.
- Secretary, Bisexual Action, campaign group lobbying on issues around bisexual exclusion from gay community support and spaces in the 1990s.
- Equal Opportunities Officer, British Youth Council 1996-97.